Hot Italian Burgers with Red Pepper Relish
RED PEPPER RELISH
- 2 tablespoons Knott's Berry Farm® Concord Grape Jam
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (7 oz.) jar sweet roasted red peppers, drained and sliced into 1/4 x 1-inch strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Knott's Berry Farm® Concord Grape Jam
- 1 pound mild or hot bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray OR Crisco® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 onion rolls, sliced
COMBINE jam, vinegar, basil and red peppers in a small bowl.
COMBINE salt, parsley, basil and jam in a medium bowl. Crumble ground Italian sausage and turkey over mixtures; gently combine the ingredients well. Shape meat into six 5-inch wide patties; refrigerate.
COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°F). Grill patties 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Toast the rolls, if desired.
TOP each burger with a slice of cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Place a burger on each roll bottom, top with red pepper relish and roll top.