- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 thin slices lean baked ham
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 3 1/3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Knott's Berry Farm® Boysenberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Juice and grated peel of one lemon
- 4 cups hot, cooked rice
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir 4 chicken breasts in butter until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes, turning as needed. Remove from skillet, season chicken with half the salt, pepper and nutmeg and cover to keep warm. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, add and brown remaining chicken breasts. Remove from skillet, season and cover to keep warm.
COOK and stir ham in pan with juices from chicken, then set aside with the chicken. Add remaining butter to the same skillet. Add mushrooms, stir and cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan with chicken and ham.
ADD onion to same pan and cook until tender. Blend in 3 cups of the chicken broth. Cook and stir 5 minutes, season with remaining salt, pepper and nutmeg.
BLEND cornstarch into remaining chicken broth in a cup or small bowl. Add to sauce; cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and preserves.
ARRANGE chicken, mushrooms and ham on a bed of rice. Top with sauce and parsley.